Monday, November 8, 2010

Simple yet challenging

Today's workout plan was simple: 30 minutes of lifting. Easy, right?

Given the proper motivation, it would have been. However, sometimes I find that the easy things are hard and the hard things are easy. Thirty minutes in the gym? Easy. I can get to that any time--probably after my morning appointment. Well, maybe after I run a few errands. It's such a beautiful day, I think I'll take my dog for a walk--get in some bonus cardio first.

Now the sun is beginning to set on this day and I still haven't made it to the gym for those easy 30 minutes. Harder than I thought. It's the little things that are easily pushed aside and overlooked, even though they are equally as important.

So here I go, to the gym, to curl those weights and crunch those abs. I know I'll be glad I did, but right now I'd sure rather finish the last few pages in my book first . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment