Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rest and ride




Yesterday I took the day off from all the usual suspects. We were so busy attending soccer games and end-of-season parties that "resting" was the only option.

So, while really a rest, I did take a break from working out, sleeping well, blogging, and eating healthy. I don't think I've ingested a veggie in two days and fruits have only made a few token appearances.

Saturday night, I traded running shoes for high heels and paid dearly for it today. Fortunately, I was able to postpone my run until tomorrow and go for a bike ride with my husband instead.

60 degrees and sunny, we covered 30 moderately hilly miles and enjoyed the beautiful fall colors and the mountains on the horizon. Pre-ride fuel was coffee (of course) and a whole wheat tortilla with almond butter and honey. 42 oz water during the ride.

Post-ride fare was a guilt-free feast of my mom's home cooking--grilled scallop and veggie kabob, homemade baked mac-n-cheese, cooked carrots, and dessert of peach pie a la mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment