Thursday, November 4, 2010

Running in the Rain

My schedule is all over the place these days. Mainly because I don't have a schedule.

The rain was coming down this morning; temps in the 40s. So, I decided to run my errands in the morning and save the workout for afternoon, hoping the rain might taper off.

While out and about, I treated myself to a Caribou Coffee Caramel High Rise (with my lunch of leftover pumpkin bread--lunch of champions, eh?) and even though I went half caf, there was a full shot in that 16 oz cup.

By the time I got home, I felt like I was going to have a heart attack! Any ambivalence I felt about running in the rain (which was still coming down buckets with no sign of stopping) was gone. Why waste a good caffeine kick? Besides, I had to do something to burn it off before I broke into pieces!

So I ran. And it was amazing! I'd forgotten how much I enjoy running in the rain. As long as I've got the proper gear and the streets aren't so flooded I have to hop puddles the whole time (or risk running in soaking wet shoes, which always leads to blisters!) it is such a freeing experience.

And I ran fast. There were no aches or pains, no huffing up the hills, just a pure and simple, joyful run! I'm so glad I got out there today and got it done. Otherwise, I'd have missed out on the highlight of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment