Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Since it was Halloween weekend, I was feeling a bit like a slacker. I really had to trick myself into getting out there on Saturday for my scheduled day of lifting and running.

So, after spending the morning on the soccer field with the girls (consuming green tea--which actually gives me a little kick after my 6-month coffee hiatus), I gulped down a mini chocolate chip Clif Bar and put in my 30 mins in the gym.

The 4.5 mile plodding run was slow and uninspired, but a run nonetheless. Refueled afterward with a handful of almonds and a huge salad--romaine topped with broccoli, cauliflower, celery, carrots, walnuts, cottage cheese, lemon and olive oil.

Veggie burgers were on the menu for dinner.

Having tricked myself into my workout and eating a good lunch, I was able to treat myself later, guilt-free, to a fun evening with friends around our fire pit--complete with red wine and dark chocolate s'mores.

Today, I essentially took the day off and, instead of the usual cardio fare, I enjoyed a hike in the woods to be followed, later, by two hours of walking around the neighborhood with my little trick-or-treaters. Hopefully I burned enough calories to make up for the junk I ate later :)

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment