Monday, October 18, 2010

Baltimore Running Festival

On Saturday, I participated in the Baltimore Running Festival and hit a distance PR--6 + 1 miles; the longest run in a year (with the exception of the 3 + 5 miles I ran in July on a broken foot!)

Due to the metatarsal stress fracture in July, I had only gotten up to 4.5 miles in the week leading up to Baltimore, so no chance of running the Half. I started the Half and ran 6 miles, to the end of leg 3 of the relay, and hopped on a bus to head back to the finish. However, after 45 minutes on the bus, we hit a road block and did not move. We all got off the bus to walk the remaining distance to the finish. Turns out there was only a mile left and I was running late for the rendezvous point with my friends, so, I simply ran that last mile in. It felt good to put that many miles on my feet again. Loving the Kenvaras.

Yesterday, went on a two hour hike in Catoctin State Park and spent 30 minutes lifting in the gym.

Today is a rest day; one of the few ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment