Friday, October 22, 2010

On the Run

On the schedule today: lift, walk, run.

The usual morning power-oatmeal, later followed by chai tea.

Lifted weights in the gym for 30 mins. Took my dog, Luna, out and threw Frisbee for her (to satisfy her need to sprint and calm her down. She's a Labrador; enough said) before heading out on our one mile walk. Scarfed a mini Clif Bar while we walked.

Took Luna home (she's not yet a good running partner), shed a few layers and ran a mile in my Vibram Five Fingers. I've been walking and hiking in them, but it's the first time I've run in them since the metatarsal stress fracture. I read somewhere that running barefoot should not be more than 10 percent of total weekly mileage. My feet are stronger now but I'm still a little fearful of causing another break . . .

One more stop at home to switch into my Kenvara's and headed out for the final three miles.

After cool down and stretching, grabbed a handful of almonds, followed by a cup of plain, organic yogurt and 1/3 cup of homemade granola and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment