Monday, July 12, 2010

Two down, one big one to go!

I haven't written in a while. Since school ended for the summer, I've had a lot of quality time with my girls, but little time for anything else.

First triathlon of the season was a success! The South Carroll Tri to Win Sprint Triathlon was on Father's Day. I took 10 minutes off my time from last year and finished 2nd in my division.

A week later, my foot was hurting again--with a new problem this time. Pain on the top of the left foot. A few more runs in and I was benched again for a week. Managed to squeak in a few more two-milers before the next triathlon . . .

Diamond in the Rough Triathlon (DITRT) was this weekend. A thunderstorm came through and it poured down rain all morning. The storm and low visibility caused the swim portion to be cancelled, effectively making the race a duathlon--my first! But the timing was terrible as I suddenly had to run eight miles when I'd only prepared for five. I got my seat handed to me on the run portions, but handed it back again on the bike so, overall, a wash. Literally. Nothing like racing in the rain, fish-tailing down steep hills and being soaked for six hours.

On a positive note, I took nine minutes off my time and finished 7th in my division.

But, I paid for it the next day . . . painful, inflamed foot and extremely sore muscles. Jury is out on weather I now have extensor tendonitis or possibly a metatarsal stress fracture. Once again, running will be put on hold . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment